About the Library
A bit about the History of the Library
The Doon Public Library was organized by the Doon Federated Women’s Club. It opened on May 17, 1930 with 584 donated books. The library was located in a small room at the back of the old Town Hall on Main Street.
It was moved into its present day location around 1990 when the City of Doon purchased the South Elementary Center from Central Lyon and turned it into Doon’s new Community Center.